The Siskiyou Crest: Hikes, History & Ecology
This book is currently out of print.
An invaluable and detailed tool for exploring this little known, yet wonderfully diverse region. The Siskiyou Crest: Hikes, History, and Ecology explores the sunlit oak woodlands, ancient old-growth forests, scrubby slopes of chaparral, pristine mountain lakes, and the rugged, flower-filled ridgelines and meadows of the Siskiyou Crest.
The author examines the region’s wild character, unique biological diversity, unusual botany, fire ecology, natural history, and human history within each hike description and introductory chapter.
- 76 Hikes
- 19 Roadless Areas
- The Red Buttes Wilderness Are
- The Siskiyou Wilderness Area
- The entire proposed Siskiyou Crest National Monument
The book outlines the region’s many threats and potential solutions to these threats, including the proposed designation of the Siskiyou Crest National Monument.
Take this book along on any Siskiyou Crest adventure!
- Rough and Ready Creek: Worth More than an Unnecessary Dozerline
- McKinney Fire Superbloom: A land where wildflowers dominate
- The Slater Fire Road Risk Reduction and Safety Project: A Proposal by the Rogue River-Siskiyou National Forest to Subsidize Damaging Hazard Tree Logging and Climate Polluting Biomass Utilization.
- Protect Wild Streams in the Applegate and Illinois River Watersheds!
- Klamath Forest Alliance: 2022 A Year in Review